[Noisebridge-discuss] how to get into an android phone

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:31:05 UTC 2012

Unless they've changed it recently, contacts on the SIM card were limited to a single shortish string and a number  - no address, etc. A lot of phones nowadays have SIM import export options but don't actually store to the SIM.

I'm pretty sure that SMS is similar. The phone can use the SIM card for SMS storage but it doesn't have to and most modern operating systems don't. You can't store an MMS either.

This security hole can be fixed by programming a PIN into your SIM card. Most platforms let you do this. Get it wrong too many times and you have to type in another magic long code which probably came on the packaging for your SIM that you threw out ages ago.

Thanks,

gopi at iPhone