[Noisebridge-discuss] Hoping to host an amorphous Tor event on some time between Sep 21-23?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Sep 14 17:41:54 UTC 2012

Nick Mathewson:
> Hi, friends!
>
> I'm a Tor developer who lives around Boston.  I'm going to be in town
> next weekend for the EFF's Pioneer Awards, and I'm hoping to have or
> host a meetup of people who'd like to chat about Tor development and
> maybe hack some code.  I don't have an agenda or a time in mind right
> now.
>
> Would Noisebridge be an good fit for me to have such an event?  Friday
> evening, Saturday, or Sunday (Sep 21-23) seem like the likeliest times
> -- do any of them seem better than others?  (I'm trying to schedule
> like 10 things at once at the moment, so any advice about how much
> time to allocate or when to expect the best results would be keen.)
>
> (Yes, I have read https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hosting_an_Event .
> This is the step where I contact a member or email the
> noisebridge-discuss list "to avoid common pitfalls.")
>
> peace,

Great! Welcome - please come and use Noisebridge as your own space. A
number of people that run NoiseTor will be around at the EFF Pioneer
Awards. I suspect that after the awards, they might migrate to
Noisebridge. After the awards, I guess you will have enticed them to
come hack with you over the weekend. :)

All the best,
Jake