[Noisebridge-discuss] Dogs

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sun Sep 16 03:10:29 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Martin Bogomolni <martinbogo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I can accept that dogs scare you.  However, did this particular dog
> misbehave in a specific way towards you?
>
> If not, you're letting your personal fear cloud your judgement.
>
> If so, did you talk to the person who brought in the dog?  Did you
> mention that you are uncomfortable around dogs, and attempt coming to
> a compromise?

My feeling is that it's actually okay to talk about this to the person
who came in, even if the dog wasn't misbehaving. I've asked people to
stop doing things in the space that are scary, even if I don't have a
great rational reason for it, and people have asked me to stop doing
things which freak them out (I think. I mean, nothing too freaky, just
being loud or hogging the projector or something).

Everybody in this thread should probably accept that we're not going
to ban dogs or ever accept them as full members without some heavy
social work, and their Internet outlet of annoyance will bend the arc
of history neither one way or the other on that.

d.