[Noisebridge-discuss] LED hacking

Robert Atkins ratkins at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 19 19:50:44 UTC 2012

On 19/09/2012, at 12:45 PM, Brandon Edens <brandonedens at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been interested in a LED user group for quite some time. I have my bike
> wrapped in the non individually addressable strips seen at:
> http://youtu.be/hwIGbD47Ryc

Oh, sweet effect. Hard to do, too—I buggered around with trying to implement a beat counter a few different ways and never quite got it right.

> There's another fellow that hangs out at noisebridge occasionally that's been
> building staffs with leds that light based upon accelerometer data.

That's another thing I'm interested in, I've got some friends who are "flow" artists and I'd like to make them some POV toys. First step is to get these damned strips working though…

Cheers, Robert.