[Noisebridge-discuss] policy on electronics gear dropoff?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Sep 28 01:37:53 UTC 2012

Hi Rich DDT,

I think you should go ahead and bring everything in except the printers
and fax machines.  I would love to say that we are disassembling things
fast enough to keep the space clear, but we have a bit of choke on the
processing of larger items into primary deconstruction.

So, please bring anything that isn't relatively large and useless like fax
machines and printers.

to everyone else:
I am working on finding us the perfect e-waste collection arrangement so
we can streamline the flow of less useful electronics donations out the
door while continuing to accept awesome donations from the public.

-jake

Rich DDT Wrote:
Hi all,

I have lots of used and only partially working electronics that are super
hackable, ready for dropoff. What's the policy on doing this? Simply bring
the gear to the hack shelves and sort properly? Any restrictions on what
can be dropped off? Items include laptops, printers, fax machines,
monitors, cables, speakers.

Thanks,
Rich DDT