[Noisebridge-discuss] Feeding the trolls

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 21:57:17 UTC 2012

On Sep 29, 2012, at 12:41, Jehan Tremback <jehan.tremback at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rachel, has it occurred to you that maybe whoever trolled you was not pursuing a hardcore patriarchal agenda, but simply looking for a reaction?

I'd expect she considered that, but has experienced so much poor treatment in the past that she considers the odds are in favour of the behaviour being related to her views.

If the troller was pursuing a softcore patriarchal agenda, then calling them out seems appropriate.

If the troller was not pursuing any sort of patriarchal agenda but was merely being an ass, then calling them out and letting them know that their behaviour discouraged feminist viewpoints would also seem appropriate.

Thanks,

gopi at iPad