[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Some interesting thoughts on "benevolent sexism"

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 22:50:55 UTC 2013

I just keep hearing several co-workers' reaction when I mentioned I had changed the oil in my car the weekend before.

"But- You're gay!"

My reply: "I was changing the oil, not fucking it."

I later found out that only one of about twenty of the straight guys knew how to do this (other than "go to JiffyLube"). The number of women in my workplace who knew how to do it? 15 out of 20.

But I am sure that Garrett will insist that it was the oil that did all the work.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
"You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain"
 - Howard Jones, "No One Is To Blame"
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com