[Noisebridge-discuss] Sorcerer's Sanctuary

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 23:45:39 UTC 2013

I've had a bunch of folks asking how my book is doing, so I thought I would save time and post this to the list. Here's the review that came out for it:

Sorcerer's Sanctuary - Book One: Refuge

by Megan R. [Featured Reviewer]

                                                        "A common view of
 an apocalyptic future when all modern technology stops working and
society has to adjust to life without it, with the slightly less common
twist of the emergence of magical powers... Told through the eyes of an
aging computer geek who needs in such a situation to find a new line of
work, fortunately as a game developer he has at least some idea of what
to do with the magical powers he finds he now has, you are sucked into
the story as he recounts it vividly and compellingly.

My one complaint with what would otherwise be an enjoyable 'what if'
read is the obsession with homosexuality. It is dragged in, a red
herring strewn across the page again and again, jarring you out of the
story. It doesn't matter if you're homophile or homophobe, it is rammed
into your face when it really contributes nothing to the tale
whatsoever. Shame, it would otherwise be an excellent story and worthy
of recommendation. Tune it out, and enjoy the book."

I couldn't have asked for better. Sales wouldn't be this good if Westboro Baptist Church were declaring jihad on me.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
"You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain"
 - Howard Jones, "No One Is To Blame"
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com