[Noisebridge-discuss] Extremely sketchy event w/ bikes just now

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:07:52 UTC 2013

On Apr 13, 2013, at 11:54, Drew McDermott <drewmcdermott2002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> CPR breaks your ribs, has a very low success rate, and even when successful, your quality
> of life post-successful-CPR is horrible.
<snip>
> Here's more info:

The survey presented is specifically:
"Preferences of physician-participants for treatment given a scenario of irreversible brain injury without terminal illness"

That survey result isn't a surprise and is fairly reasonable.

Aren't the outcomes for younger people without significant prior medical problems a lot better than average?

It is my understanding that quality of life post-CPR is related to pre-CPR quality of life. In other words, if you were otherwise healthy pre-CPR then your odds are pretty decent, but if you were in poor health beforehand then you're probably going to be in bad or worse shape.

http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/10/more-on-cpr-for-the-elderly/