[Noisebridge-discuss] Bike lights workshop! Shine out into the night! This Friday

Alexandra Glowaski alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 23:48:00 UTC 2013

I'm tired of seeing world-class hackers riding around with no lights, or
faint ones, or covered-up ones, like stupids. You guys are so magnificent,
and you deserve a set of totally obnoxious lights, and also not to die
because of such a silly little thing.

Join me this Friday at the space! Bring your bike and build yourself a set
of integrated, water-resistant, low-profile, crazy bright, fully custom,
simple, durable, cheap bike lights (www.alexglow.com/anti-love-bike-lights/).
I give you my personal guarantee that they won't be stolen: my wheels got
jacked yesterday, and a set of pedals before, and the lights were totally
intact.
If you want them to blink, bring your own controller! I'mma try and work up
a fun reactive circuit in advance, but the standard-issue kit will include
only the materials for a static display. Which will look magnificent. I
promise.

Friday, April 19 @ 7pm
Noisebridge Hackerspace
$10-15 suggested donation for materials

As proposed by the inimitable Mr. Sean Kolk, we shall perform a test run
afterwards: a six-pack ride, wherein you bring a six-pack of whatever you
want and we stop at six different parks. Feel free to join only for the
beginning, or ride with us in solidarity if you already have lights you
love. Let's celebrate!

- Merlin

p.s.: I plan to make this a recurring event. More live hackers! More
hardware! More shiny!

--
Make your world!
www.alexglow.com