[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Addressing individuals

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Apr 19 18:45:50 UTC 2013

> > Frankly this drama has demotivated
> > me from actually stepping foot in
> > Noisebridge,
>
> Glen Jarvis wrote:

> I completely understand and empathize. For what it's worth, surprisingly,
> it's not like this in the space. The list had always been chucked full of
> drama (all the way back to the "mercury" days). I've been totally
> disheartened and showed up in the space and was amazed at how different
> things are in person.
>
> With that said, there is something that was once there. I remember being
> so overjoyed being in the space on Monday nights in the era right after
> expansion to the newer space. How fun it was then. But still, it's still
> worth going now

Glen recants:
I'm sorry. I may have been mistaken above. I stopped by the space because
it's been a while. I was wrong with what I wrote above.

In the past, things like this stayed on the list only and the space was all
about building something, learning, sharing and having fun. But, I do see
quite a bit of bleed over now -- especially with one or two individuals.
I'm a bit sad. My apologies for misleading you above. I still believe,
however, that it's not like this all the time though and that it's still
worth going to.

Kindest Regards,

Glen
--

"Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life as a dog does his
master's chase. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it,

--Henry David Thoreau