[Noisebridge-discuss] Electronics Component Stores in the NoCal area?

J.C. r33lmm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 23:38:08 UTC 2013

These guys are in Sunnyvale and have a whole warehouse full of "Weird
Stuff" http://www.weirdstuff.com/

These guys are in Berkeley and is more akin to a hacker radio shack
http://allashers.com/ similarly in San Rafael these guys have an eclectic
collection of odds and ends http://www.electronicplus.com/

And by the SFO airport there's an interesting warehouse chocked full of yet
more gear http://www.hobbyengineering.com/

I'd be curious to hear from others as well of any other hidden gems to
check out.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Jarek Lupinski <jarek319 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone! I'm a guest hacker hailing from NYCResistor, and I just flew
> out here for 3 weeks for work, which gives me ample exploring time after
> 5pm each day, and weekends :)
>
> I was wondering if there are any stores in the NoCal area (I'm willing to
> drive far and wide to explore new places) that sell things like switches,
> ICs, capacitors, kits, tools, and other interesting hackables, something
> like a hardcore Radio Shack or maybe even a decrepit warehouse filled with
> tubes from the 50's? If you have any places like that you've been to and
> can share experiences and the address, let me know on- or off-list!
>
> Thanks!
> Jarek
>
> P.S. I'm also going to check out Nevada one of these two weekends, so if
> there's anything even that far out there, I'll take a look!

ThanX,
;+)

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/%C3%9F%C3%AA%C3%A3%C2%B5