[Noisebridge-discuss] Why is my AC adapter melting?

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 01:00:31 UTC 2013

I have a 9v 300ma power supply connected to an appropriate 9v 300ma device,
which has been happily working for the past year.  I hadn't used it in a
few weeks and plugged it into an outlet and found myself getting no power.
 Confused, but easily sidetracked, I worked on something else for a half
hour.  I came back to the device and decided to unplug it; I found the AC
plug had actually grown quite soft/extremely hot to the touch.  I've now
tossed it in the electrical recycling bin and am just wondering if these
kinds of electrical meltdowns are common over time.