[Noisebridge-discuss] Why is my AC adapter melting?

Ari Lacenski alacenski at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 02:52:24 UTC 2013

I was intrigued, so I googled it and found pages and pages of people
complaining about melting power bricks, but not the technical reason.
I too would like to know. (egad! glad yer all right!)

Inside they're pretty simple: a pair of wire coils and some diodes for
the DC current. I would imagine that one of the diodes failed and
caused a short, leaving the transformer coils to turn into toaster
elements. Confirm/deny?

Ari