[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Some interesting thoughts on "benevolent sexism"

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 05:44:53 UTC 2013

On 4/5/13, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Snail <snailtsunami at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a real person that at least one person confirmed to me having
>> talked to in person at Noisebridge, and apparently DHTMLKitchen was a
>> thing
>> some years ago.
>>
>> >_<
>>

> I've met Garrett once. I hope I'm not misrepresenting his views to note he
> once explained to (online) me how the EFF is a front for George Soros and
> the military-industrial Carlyle Group. Adjust your bayesian priors
> accordingly.

You are making a false statement. I never said EFF was a front for the
Carlyle group and I do not appreciate being misrepresented.

George Soros was a principal investor in the Carlyle group. Soros also
has a prominent role in EFF (look it up) so that's a front for him.

Such simple facts should be easy enough to verify by searching the
web, so why didn't you do that?
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_Soros

And search on about grey matter, estrogen receptors in the brain, and
the like. No need to take my word on any of this. Alas, some will get
mad at Google search results, and this has resulted in lawsuits and
removed sites.

[...]
--
Garrett