[Noisebridge-discuss] Highlight(s) from tonight's general meeting IMHO

J.C. r33lmm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:21:13 UTC 2013

Coolio...

I just made an edit to the homepage, and hacked something in that would be
nice to learn how to do in a nifty MediaWiki scripty sort of way, ala a
motd (message/moto of the day). In the mean time it requires a manual daily
effort, that we could get all fancy with and hook to a service on pony or
god for bid use some not PHP to feed it off twitter or the like. In any
case have at it, edit, improve, etc. If you think it's a horrible idea
please replace/extend it with something better rather than just
deleting/reverting.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM, Ken M. Haggerty <kenmhaggerty at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi JC: Thanks for sending this out. NBWiki has been updated with tonight's
> meeting notes.
>
> As part of our efforts to create a better homepage, we need more people to
> feel comfortable editing the homepage and wiki in general, and that means
> actually knowing the quirks of how to create a great looking MediaWiki page!
>
> Looking at the current calendar, the best weekly timeslot for a
> learn-and-hack study group seems to be *Wednesdays at 8:00pm!*
> Unfortunately I will be out of town next Wednesday but would otherwise be
> very willing to organize weekly sessions and learn more MediaWiki myself.
>
> Since Noisebridge is a do-ocracy, I highly encourage someone to step up
> and commandeer this effort!
> For now, I have created a *Wiki Page* for our efforts:
> https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Beautify
>
> -Ken
>

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM, J.C. <r33lmm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <!DOCTYPE g33k>
>> <paraphrase>
>> </paraphrase>
>> <zinger>not PHP</zinger>
>>
>> long xml doc short, my new favorite programming language is definitely
>> "not PHP".
>>

>> So in further discussions about general excellence in regards to said
>> noisebridge homepage, it was revealed/mentioned that the current recently
>> excellently modified as part of the (now MISSION ACCOMPLISHED noisebridge
>> SAVED) homepage came in at a lovely 1.1MB.
>>
>> [Revision as of ~23:00 hours the element in question was put on a JPEG
>> instant diet and is now a petite ~50KB]
>>
>> And the most frequent patron of the noisebridge.net homepage traffic
>> (possibly north of 90%) is Dr. Jesus with his once a second something or
>> other monitor utility.
>>
>> And for wiki reference, the actual meeting notes are n'yah...
>> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2013_04_09
>>
>> So please excuse me while I joyfully go back to writing some not PHP code.
>>

>> ;+)
>>
>> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/%C3%9F%C3%AA%C3%A3%C2%B5

ThanX,
;+)