[Noisebridge-discuss] Who do we want to exclude? [Drama]

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Apr 13 06:19:37 UTC 2013

So, it's explicitly forbidden for us in the lease to go up on the roof. We
have an explicit carefully negotiated exemption for fitting aerials, but
email rack before even thinking about doing that.

Here is our lease, for later endless discussion and Internet lawyering.
https://www.noisebridge.net/images/e/ef/2169_Mission_signed_lease-cleaned.pdf

Don't smoke on the fire escape because the smoke gets back in the space, it
drops ashes on our downstairs neighbours' oranges, and it makes our other
neighbours' child ill. They've both explicitly asked us not to smoke up
there, and we try very hard to be excellent to our neighbours. Please smoke
downstairs and away from the door of the space.

Please explain to people smoking next to the giant "Please no smoking!"
signs, in a pleasant, carefree manner, exactly why it is not nice to do
that, and ask them to go downstairs and smoke. Please ask them to tell
their friends why they should not smoke. A child's asthma is often more
convincing to strangers than interpretations of the San Francisco Fire Code.

These are good enough reasons, I hope.

d.