[Noisebridge-discuss] Feces and Urine in the shop

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Apr 17 08:58:55 UTC 2013

Leif wrote:
> I think "wear safety goggles" signs in the shop and "pick up your dog's
> poop" signs outdoors are reasonable and probably somewhat effective.
> Vice-versa, not so much.
>
> A "be excellent to each other" mural at NB could be most excellent!

Note: I too saw the grey dog, apparently owned by "veronica", who
apparently shit in the shop.  And "veronica" didn't clean it up.

I think that even though there is no sign, if a person brings a dog into
the space, lets it wander away, and it shits/pees in the space, that
person does not meet the minimum standards for being at noisebridge and
the effort required to train that person to be excellent is far more than
the return on investment to the space would be.

In other words, if I discover someone whose dog is off-leash and they are
not paying attention to it enough to know whether it is taking a shit in
the shop, I will ask them to leave until they can come to a meeting to
talk about it.  And I think other people who love noisebridge should do
the same.

I think that we need more confrontations with people who are, literally
and metaphorically, shitting in the space, to discourage them from coming
around as much and, literally and metaphorically, make more room for the
kind of people who do not need to be confronted for their negative acts
because instead they are doing something excellent.

-jake