[Noisebridge-discuss] Feces and Urine in the shop

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Apr 16 19:28:34 UTC 2013

I think there was a dog around when I popped by at 9AM this morning.

I'm actually slowly going through all the new people in the space and
finding out their names, chatting to them a little about what they're
doing, and letting them know some of the guidelines. We had a big influx
recently, and while it's been mostly peaceable and amicable (there was a
big reorg of the library for instance), I sense we are going to go through
another Great Tension. Great Tensions usually result in a mixture of some
people being accepted into the community, some people being chased out, and
some people deciding they should be in charge of who is in or out (who
usually end up much loved or out themselves). Technical apparatus is built;
long complaining emails are sent; the earth shakes; matters are
mysteriously resolved.

I'll add to the list of things to talk to people about the problem of
keeping your dog under control, and the imminence of some kind of random,
possibly robot-led crackdown on dogs, if things don't improve.

Mark me down as sceptical of the mysterious bottles of urine. Happy to be
corrected by evidence, but it sounds like one of the traditional Myths Of
Horror that also precede a Great Tension.

d.