[Noisebridge-discuss] About last night / I join the ranks of the Malcontents

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 04:13:55 UTC 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 20:43, "Mitchel McAllister" <xonimmortal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> No you can not ordain yourself "prince". Ordination is for clergy. What you are talking about, Anastasia. is called "coronation", which is for royalty.

It is up to a religious denomination to decide who deserves ordination. There's no legal requirements in any free country. I was married by a Reverend of the Universal Life Church, whose ordination certificate was printed as a PDF dynamically generated by some server side scripting.

You may feel that it would be more meaningful to have an officiant that can trace their blessings back to the Pope, but I don't.

> Once again, mediation is to bring two parties to a middle ground. There is no middle ground between baseless, malicious accusations and reality. I see noone looking at evidence or actual first-hand testimony.

Mediation seems to me to be totally bizarre as a proposed resolution. The claim is that somebody pulled a knife on another person. The resolution is for the putative assailant and the witness to work out their differences with a neutral facilitator?

That sounds like a parody. Shouldn't somebody be trying to determine if it's true or not? If there's good evidence that Mitch did, in fact, do that, then some sort of action should be taken. Resolving his differences with a witness doesn't seem relevant. If there isn't good evidence, then I still don't see what mediation is supposed to do.

I don't know any of the people involved, but Tony has been rude, antagonistic and irrational here. Perhaps Mitch is just better at being manipulative and tricking people, but as a lurker I tend to distrust irrational people.

Thanks,

gopi at iPad