[Noisebridge-discuss] FCC Spectrum auction.

Norman Bradley pryankster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 21:44:56 UTC 2013

Generally we are talking 100's of thousands if not millions of dollars.
The days of gaming the system like what was done on Alaska's North Slope
doesn't happen anymore.

For Noisebridge it would be much cheaper to get a GMRS or Business
license and share the frequencies. I am a Ham and I have not found
anyone that uses our "remote control" frequencies. I think that that is
mainly because you need to build your own transmitters and receivers.
All of the other R/C frequencies fall under the "general usage" spectrum
that anybody can use. That's what the toys you buy at Radio Shack use.

Please refer to this list for frequency information. It also explains
the "flags" on the R/C transmitter antennas.

Norman