[Noisebridge-discuss] cooking timers!

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:11:32 UTC 2013

Kevin, you are incorrect.  I am pretty sure our lease basically states that
we are not allowed to "live" there.  The law is a great and wonderful thing
at how it can be interpreted.  Since people are "sleeping" there (whether
living or not), the argument could be made that it is an illegal hostel,
even if someone sleeps there ONCE, never returns and some other person does
the same the next day.   That could result in Noisebridge being shut down.
That is extremely unexcellent.  Honestly, taking a picture of someone is
unexcellent but it is less so than having noisebridge shut down.

An alternative to having pictures taken would be having a group of people
stay there every night and stay awake all night.  They would need to do
this daily and remember people to keep asking them to leave.   If you are
unwilling to do this, your opinion is invalid.  We need either photographic
evidence or the same person to go EVERY night without fail so that we can
actually solve this problem.   If you ask a person one day, then I ask
another and another some other day..... You get the point.  It could be the
same person many times.  If we describe them, they can shave, change their
clothes, cut their hair, dye their hair.......   A picture helps due to the
fact we can have more defined features (face for example) and use that to
determine if they have been there.

Would you like to volunteer to come every night for the next few months,
stay up all night and help be excellent to help not take pictures and keep
track of the sleepers?   I bet you have a job and can't do this.  My .02.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Kevin Schiesser <bfb at riseup.net> wrote:

> I disagree fully. There is not a no sleeping rule at Noisebridge. Be
> excellent, right? Photographing all sleepers is not excellent, and I feel
> invasive and unnecessary in most situations. It's important that an effort
> with polite but firmness is made to awaken sleepers before photographing,
> and certainly before requesting they leave and not come back until a
> Tuesday meeting.
>
> My 2c on protocol. I would be very disappointed if we had a queue of
> sleepers at every Tuesday meeting.
>
> --Kevin
>

> On 08/25/2013 02:53 AM, Jake wrote:
>
>> Yes Jim that would help.  We need to figure out who the people are who
>> are sleeping at noisebridge and ask them (when they're awake) to leave
>> until they come talk about it at a meeting.
>>
>> thank you
>> -jake
>>
>> Jim wrote:
>>
>>     Would it help to take photos of sleepers
>> and print and post them for the rest of us
>> to identify?
>>
>> On Sat, 2013-08-24 at 05:10 -0700, Alexandra Glowaski wrote:
>>
>>> 7:3 sleepers to wakers; polite-but-firmness and t.A.T.u both failing.
>>> This is a solved problem: will try to pick up some very irritating
>>> kitchen timers befor I come in again. I trust we all know what to do.

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer