[Noisebridge-discuss] I asked Charles to leave this evening

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Sat Dec 7 10:50:34 UTC 2013

On 7 December 2013 02:21, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
> Al,
> I have met you once, and I have not done that. This is completely made up.

Charles, I don't know about your conversations with Al. However, the
first time we spoke, right after I told you that I didn't want to keep
talking with you because I found you annoying and abrasive*, you
response was to ask me if I was instead offended that you were gay.

*I know, right: Tom calling someone annoying and abrasive, that's
rich! When you get the opportunity to meet Charles, you should judge
for yourself.

On 7 December 2013 02:01, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
> I was called a faggot and physically threatened by another individual in the
> public space.

I know that I've said this already, but that sort of behavior is
totally unacceptable. I would very much like to hold accountable the
person who acted this way towards you.

>On 7 December 2013 02:01, Charles Tang <cjtang1 at asu.edu> wrote:
> Further, due to these triggers, I’ll invoke Title III of the ADA, as my abilities
> to “function” in a fashion these individuals seek is clearly unduly burdensome
> to individuals with a similar disability as to mine:

If you think that Noisebridge has failed to adequately accommodate a
disability of yours, perhaps you might find it more useful to specify
in particular which accommodations your disability requires, and which
we have failed to provide. I suspect that would work better than
simply pasting a selection from the act.

If you think that the ADA prohibits folks from complaining when you
act like a jerk, you are mistaken.

-Tom