[Noisebridge-discuss] Added proposal to current consensus items

Madelynn Martiniere mmartiniere at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 00:51:49 UTC 2013

Kevin, I agree with this consensus item 100%. Definitely think there's
more consideration needed on Associate Membership.

Since neither Associate Member or Member has to pay dues anymore, the
distinction is irrelevant.

Issues of security in the space should be resolved with hardware changes
(additional security) rather than membership. Noisebridge, like any
other hackerspace, is for members and guests, and should be treated
accordingly.

I caution against the distinction between the two membership types,
because it limits the pool of those participating in consensus, leading
to a more political (aka not representative) and less productive
consensus process. While not all members will want to contribute to the
consensus process, good to give them all the opportunity.

Just my two cents. Happy to discuss further with anyone offline.

Cheers,
Madelynn