[Noisebridge-discuss] Added proposal to current consensus items

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 01:12:24 UTC 2013

Just to clarify, this would get rid of the concept of associate members?
And would not convert them to being members? Would they still (technically)
be able to come to Noisebridge on their own?

Am I right in saying that basically the idea of having associate members
was to 1) make it easy to become an associate member since no single person
could block it (rather, you'd have to have a unanimous vote to block
someone) and 2) on the other side, associate members couldn't unilaterally
block consensus items?

It did always feel like a hack to me. I'd rather just have the regular
members all become associate members since blocking is such a nuclear
option, causing people to circumvent the consensus process entirely (which
leads to drama).

-Al