[Noisebridge-discuss] Added proposal to current consensus items

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 01:34:27 UTC 2013

The overzealousness is probably a feature (though I think a problematic
one). The reason Noisebridge has such a tightly-shut gate for membership is
because any single member can block consensus items, so you don't want to
allow someone in who will overuse it.

Then again, that means Noisebridge has a grueling application process that
keeps people away (I know plenty of people who've been at the space for
years but have never become members). Noisebridge is one of the most
excluding organizations I've ever been in. :(

-Al