[Noisebridge-discuss] Neutral Pronoun "E"

Hannah Grimm dharlette at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 19:27:25 UTC 2013

I was a bit thrown by the "nonperson" bit thrown in there.  We have a
gender neutral term for that: "it."  There's a reason why we don't use "it"
to refer to genderqueer people, because that would be pretty fucking
dehumanizing.  This post definitely came off as antagonistic, and combined
with Monad using "him" to refer to Pigeon shortly afterwards (despite
having been repeatedly been told that their personal pronouns are
they/them/their) made Monad look like he was in the "political correctness
run amok!" camp and not the "treat people decently" camp.