[Noisebridge-discuss] Rodents/tossing out left out food

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 20:43:52 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 11:09:14 AM, "Al Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
>anyone have a problem with me tossing out food that's been left out
>when I do my early morning checks?
That's awesome, Al. Thanks for all you do!
But when happens when you get tired of doing it?

>we need to start putting food in hard plastic tupperware, instead of
>just cardboard boxes or plastic bags that the mice can easily chew
>through.

Great idea, Al!

Except, who is going to do it? How are you going to get people to do
this? Saying it to Discuss prolly won't do much. Consensing on it prolly
won't do much. Even suggesting it to people when you happen to be in the
space prolly won't do much.

I cannot think of anything that would bring civilization to the kitchen,
except a New-User Orientation Process. But some Members are dead set
against community standards, they consider it Fascism or Communism. It
seems for them that "liberty" means not having to pick up after
yourself, because fuck community. Welcome to Tea Party Noisebridge.
Doesn't matter if the result is filth, theft, and breakage-- results
don't matter to them, just comfy theory.

We should all know how to pull up our own knickers. Except some people
don't.