[Noisebridge-discuss] Your key works!

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 18:45:54 UTC 2013

Noisebridge has always had more rules than "Be Excellent". We have rules
and policies about how to become members, how the board is elected, how
consensus items are proposed, about not sleeping in the space, about hiatus
membership and coming off hiatus membership. These have all been around
long before the anti-harassment and members-only rules. And that doesn't
mention all the unwritten rules (which makes them ripe for selective
enforcement) that fall under "cultural norms".

We say "Our one rule is 'Be Excellent'" but... it's more of a guideline.

-Al