[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Aquarium

Hannah Grimm dharlette at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 22:01:29 UTC 2013

I'm gonna chime in with the "bad idea" crowd.  Noisebridge is a doocracy
with distributed responsibility for maintaining the space; that does not
mesh well with the caring for of actual, living things, especially once the
original person behind the project moves on to other things.  Even if lots
of people were to get involved and be willing to do simple tasks like
feeding the fish, you're as likely to end up with overfeeding killing them
as them starving to death.

Robot fish?  fine.  Living, breathing organisms with spines? not fine.  I
might be okay with someone raising animals outside of our own phylum where
people aren't going to freak out if things die, but lets avoid sending
vertebrates to their inevitable doom.