[Noisebridge-discuss] Why Consensus Kills Community

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 06:25:11 UTC 2013

Yeesh, that sounds terrible.

I want to remind everyone, the reason we created associate members was so
that NB could be a "members only" space, but have some form of membership
that wasn't near impossible to achieve. And the reason capital-M membership
is near impossible to achieve is that consensus makes people resistant to
extending membership to people they don't know *very* well.