[Noisebridge-discuss] Keeping associate members in their place

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Dec 19 04:59:46 UTC 2013

Johny Radio wrote, On 2013-12-18 20:24:
> Rubin, if you're not elitist (and not a member), then maybe you
> should share with other people, your exclusive administrative
> ability to approve or disprove authors and posts on the noisebridge
> blog.

And Andy has the ability to set the moderation bit on users on this
list? Your point being?

> Strangely, a year after that in 2009, Rubin started another blog, but
> this time with himself as exclusive gatekeeper. Clearly, Rubin
> understands Anarchy.

Noisebridge is actually an elitist community of gate keepers. It's in
the bylaws, check it if you don't believe me.

Al Sweigart wrote, On 2013-12-18 20:49:
> Unless Rubin is unfairly rejecting blog posts for a blog using the
> Noisebridge name, I don't see an issue. And it looks like the blog
> hasn't been updated in a few years. If you're interested in
> maintaining it, I'm sure you can work something out. Don't assume
> maliciousness at first.

http://blog.noisebridge.net/2013/12/18/noisebridgers-make-novel-method-to-cycle-leds/

The most I might do is fix your formatting, unless you decided to link
to kiddy porn or shots of Danny's ass.

Fuck it, I'm going to have a drink.

--
Rubin