[Noisebridge-discuss] Gate buzzer broken 6:20 am

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Dec 19 21:42:57 UTC 2013

Gregory,

posts like this are unhelpful.  Please tell us as much information as you
can, such as

"I got to noisebridge and the gate was broken in many pieces, it looked
as though it had been frozen with liquid nitrogen and hit with a hammer"

or

"I tried to get into noisebridge using my physical key and the lock
wouldn't turn, even though i'm certain it's the right key.  Another person
with a key confirmed that their key didn't work either.  We tried the
door-code system and the electronic striker does seem to work though"

or

"i tried to get into noisebridge using my code, and nothing happened.  The
payphone made a noise each time i pressed a key, but when i hit # there
was no special sound and the LED did not light up, and the door didn't
open.  After i got in, i tried the upstairs keypad and it did the same
thing."

or

"I typed in my door code and pressed # and the phone made a happy sound
and the light lit up blue, but the electronic striker did not make the
buzzing sound and the door still did not open.  I had to wait until
someone came out before i could get in."

the more information you can provide, the more likely someone can do
something about it to help.

can anyone confirm that the gate has worked for them since yesterday?

thank you
-jake