[Noisebridge-discuss] Gate buzzer broken 6:20 am

Gregory Dillon gregorydillon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 22:31:48 UTC 2013

Got it.

"I typed in my door code and pressed # and the phone made a happy sound and
the light lit up blue, but the electronic striker did not make the buzzing
sound and the door still did not open.  I had to wait until someone came
out before i could get in."

And it was still broken this am with the same symptoms.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> Gregory,
>
> posts like this are unhelpful.  Please tell us as much information as you
> can, such as
>
> "I got to noisebridge and the gate was broken in many pieces, it looked as
> though it had been frozen with liquid nitrogen and hit with a hammer"
>
> or
>
> "I tried to get into noisebridge using my physical key and the lock
> wouldn't turn, even though i'm certain it's the right key.  Another person
> with a key confirmed that their key didn't work either.  We tried the
> door-code system and the electronic striker does seem to work though"
>
> or
>
> "i tried to get into noisebridge using my code, and nothing happened.  The
> payphone made a noise each time i pressed a key, but when i hit # there was
> no special sound and the LED did not light up, and the door didn't open.
>  After i got in, i tried the upstairs keypad and it did the same thing."
>
> or
>
> "I typed in my door code and pressed # and the phone made a happy sound
> and the light lit up blue, but the electronic striker did not make the
> buzzing sound and the door still did not open.  I had to wait until someone
> came out before i could get in."
>
> the more information you can provide, the more likely someone can do
> something about it to help.
>
> can anyone confirm that the gate has worked for them since yesterday?
>
> thank you
> -jake
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM, Gregory Dillon <gregorydillon at
> gmail.com>wrote:
>
>  Gate broken

Let's stay in touch.  Greg