[Noisebridge-discuss] Radio: FCC rejection letter

jarrod hicks hicksu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 05:30:40 UTC 2013

Pfft.

My dear colleague, the numbers of the units are hardly relevant, as the
important thing is that MILES themselves are overwhelmingly vast. Ask
anyone if they have ever walked a mile, for I guarantee you that they have
not (no one has). I would not be surprised if they respond with a raised
eyebrow, or even polite ridicule as you fumble to explain that is a mere
63,360 inches. The very concept of the mile itself regularly baffles the
layperson. Sadly, the human mind is not equipped to comprehend such
geographic distances. Even those of us who claim to be proficient
evaluators of dimension often resort to heuristics when determining the
appropriate impact of the mile in our reasonings.

Whereas, the kilo-meter, is simply no more that a few throws of a stone.
Indeed, the faithful distance reducing kilometerist actually believes that
any major city is theoretically an aeroplane ride away. Ha!