[Noisebridge-discuss] Radio: FCC rejection letter

Noisebridge Radio noisebridgeradio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 16:56:44 UTC 2013

When I filed I was afraid that that the physical distance might be a
problem. I filed for channel 215 (90.9 MHz). In the Bay Area there just
isn't much / anything available. The best candidate frequency 102.5 had 8
different organizations file for it in San Francisco alone. In many ways
the FCC rules haven't kept up with technology. The reason for the distance
/ adjacent channel rules have to do with selectivity and signal rejection.
Due to the nature of FM radio if you have 2 transmitters on the same
frequency (generally) a radio will only pick up the most powerful signal
and you won't hear the weaker one at all.

It was an interesting experiment.

I believe that Hilaire is working on an internet radio project so all is
not lost.

PS. Is there a place to store paper records at Noisebridge. I can keep them
however as time goes by they may get misplaced or forgotten and if anybody
deals with the FCC for any reason in the future they may be necessary. It
would better if they were stored up there.