[Noisebridge-discuss] Rodents/tossing out left out food

Dana dana-lists at sonic.net
Mon Dec 23 21:33:02 UTC 2013

I believe the thought behind NB's current kitchen design is to eliminate
in-the-open food storage (a fridge remains should you need to store
anything).  https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Kitchen_Mission

When I was involved with kitchen events in the past we were often met by
a mess of leftovers, chewed-through bags and rotting vegetables, would
need to decontaminate surfaces covered in mice feces or crawling with
roaches (bleh).

I feel like tupperware and plastic containers have been tried but after
a while people stop following the protocol and a mess returns. I don't
think it is unreasonable to discard food left in the open!