[Noisebridge-discuss] Oppressive Behavior

hep dis at gruntle.org
Mon Dec 30 01:42:43 UTC 2013

Are we really going to literally debate the semantics and levels at which a
white person is allowed to use the n word and have it somehow not be
offensive? like for real? IT IS ALWAYS OFFENSIVE. a white person can "use
the lingo" of street culture without using the n word. trust me, i am half
white, fully white passing, was raised in local bay area street and hiphop
culture (because i am half latino), and still manage to not use the n-word.
saying that one is a part of street culture and that either requires them
or permits them to use the n word while white is also pretty offensive fyi.
and being racist (even passive or unintentionally racist) is pretty
exclusionary towards POC. personally, as a half latino, I am fully not
inclined to hang around somewhere where white people use the n word and try
to qualify how it's not racist because i find that highly racist. white
people deciding a usage of a racial slur isn't racist is still racist fyi.

-hep

hep
hepic photography || www.hepic.net
    dis at gruntle.org || 415 867 9472