[Noisebridge-discuss] images - dokuwiki versus media wiki

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 12:38:42 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
I'm starting to use dokuwiki and I wonder if it is just me or if the options to work with images are really very primitive? I think it is likely that I can not just find a proper manual.

This is what I remember from using media wiki and which I would be quite content with ...

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images

but this is the best what I'm getting for dokuwiki

https://www.dokuwiki.org/images

so no gallery setting? no left or right centered? etc? or is it as with the text options (justified. left, right etc.) that I will have to install suitable plug in again? If is that so, could you actually tell me what are the major differences between media and dokuwiki so I kind of get better picture? Up to now  I was under the impression that it is mostly about the "size/robustness" of the pages towards number of accesses but seems to me that there is more into it.

Anyway any help with this transition from media to dokuwiki would be handy.

Many thanks,

From Jeju,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck