[Noisebridge-discuss] SF CryptoParty II: Enciphered Boogaloo [Sat March 23, 2-6pm, Langton Labs]

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Sat Feb 16 20:44:34 UTC 2013

Hello, Noisebridgians,

We all enjoyed the first SF CryptoParty so much that we decided to do
it again. CryptoParty II: Enciphered Boogaloo is going to happen on
Saturday March 23 from 2-6pm at Langton Labs (9 Langton Street). Sign
up at https://cryptopartysf.org.

Here are some reasons that you might want to visit a cryptoparty and
bring your friends:

* You've been meaning to encrypt your hard drive, use encrypted IM,
and avoid getting your Gmail Petraeus'd.
* You know that friend (or confidential source) who you've been
meaning to help protect their computer, but you just never got around
to installing things with them.
* You have a bunch of journalists friends and cringe every time you
see their (lack of) operationsal security.

Whatver your reasons, come to SF Cryptoparty II and learn how to keep
your secrets safe, preserve your privacy, and keep your ciphers clean.
No experience neccessary; we're not trying to preach to the
crypto-choir but help everybody learn the skills they need to stay
safe out there.

But if you *are* thinking that you already know all this, and you
could darn well teach a bunch of neophytes some GPG over SMPT, how to
OTR their XMPP, or how to LUKS their EXT4/BTRFS, then we want you too.
Sign up to teach a session, run a workshop or use the non-invasive
medium of your choice to transfer cricial opsec knowledge into the
brains of the folks who need it most.

Sign up to speak at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVXTEU1WXdMVkhlMm9aWUY0RFNlSlE6MQ

[Yes we use Google spreadsheets. Not cool with that? You can email us.]

* * * * *

When: Saturday March 23, from 2-6pm
Where: Langton Labs, 9 Langton Street, San Francisco
What: Learn to use tools to communicate securely

Sign-up: https://cryptopartysf.org
Google map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Langton+Labs,9+Langton+Street,San+Francisco,+CA
Google Calendar event: http://j.mp/XglTJq

* * * * *

Thanks for listening, stay safe out there,

--
Parker Higgins & Tom Lowenthal
SF CryptoParty Team