[Noisebridge-discuss] my bike was stolen

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Feb 24 10:20:37 UTC 2013

not from noisebridge.  i know you probably thought i meant it was stolen
from noisebridge but NO it wasn't.

but it WAS stolen in San Francisco in the "tenderloin" last night 2/23.

from right here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=tenderloin+SF&ll=37.781616,-122.409044&spn=0.000794,0.001206&hnear=Tenderloin,+San+Francisco,+California&gl=us&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=37.781692,-122.408946&panoid=vCFEbWMf_dHGdHJpD24E-Q&cbp=12,311.5,,0,27.53

It was locked with a pretty serious cable lock, which they cut pretty
cleanly somehow.  The Rivendell (a much nicer bike in every way) next to
mine was not taken because it had a U-lock in addition to a cable so it
could not be ridden away.  Let that be a lesson to us all.

this is what it looks like: (batteries not included)
http://spaz.org/~jake/IMG_0832.JPG

as you can see it's rather distinctive.  If you see it somewhere and
recognize it i authorize you to use whatever means necessary to acquire
it, even if doing so causes damage to the person currently in posession of
the bike (i will revoke this message if i re-acquire the bike) or even
damage the bike in the process.

It has a red Down Low Glow light and a big battery labeled JAKE on the
side of the seatpost (battery not seen in this picture)

If you see the bike and it is not accompanied by a human i urge you to
overlock it and contact me at 415-JED_FOXY so that i can come claim it
myself.  Please make a note of whatever other locks are involved (besides
yours) so i can bring the appropriate tools along.

clearly this is a very valuable bike, so I will reward you for helping me
get it back (as long as you are not the original thief).

thank you for your time and attention regarding this serious matter.

-jake