[Noisebridge-discuss] Help needed to get 3d Printer running.

KRISTOPER W STRUBLE ghostseeker at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 20:18:55 UTC 2013

Thanks for getting back to me, Garrett.

When I ordered my kit oh so many months ago, I was perhaps less informed than I believed I was.  I purchased the Mach3 license, and have a control board that is considered outdated on the reprap wiki page. Now I have a control board and software that most aren't familiar with, which adds to my frustration when I ask others for advice.

I will check in with the IRC channel, but I think I need someone to look physically at my unit and assist me. John from SeeMeCNC is a nice guy, but his company is focused on the newest model they have released and the folks on the forums haven't replied to my posts. I don't mean to say anything negative about The SeeMeCNC community, I know they are a small company and most of their users are older tinkerer types who assume you have a similar background. My experience with electronics and building has been very limited since high school, which was over 15 years ago at this point. I wish them luck on their products and community, but they are not the right folks to help me at this time.

   I rely on public transport and live in the Richmond district, so carting my bits and pieces down to Noisebridge will be literally a handful to deal with. That is why I was hoping to get to get a flesh and blood person with reprap experience to spend a day getting this beast to breathe. I know that it is a tall order for someone who hasn't been around long. My frustration on spending more and more money on this machine has me ready to call in a expert, or at least advanced builder to show me what I am doing wrong.

If there is anyone that is interested in my original offer, please let me know. I would be happy to throw some more cash towards this as long as it finally finally finally works. Thanks for reading!

Kris