[Noisebridge-discuss] Help needed to get 3d Printer running.

Garrett Mace garrettmace at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:48:24 UTC 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 10:27 AM, Kris Struble <ghostseeker at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Kris Struble, I am new to the list.  I have been working on building a SeeMeCNC H1.1 printer for the last 6 months and I am still having difficulties getting this thing completed and printing.  I am looking for someone who has experience building a Reprap to assist me with the final steps of the build and help me understand how Mach3 runs the control board.  I am reaching out to the Noisebridge community as I haven't had much luck with the SeeMeCNC forums and building this is akin to learning to ride a bike by reading a book.  If anyone is interested, I would like to have them come by my house this weekend and help get this thing running.  I am willing to compensate you for your trouble if we can get it running over the weekend.  I am not sure if this kind of post is allowed on the list, so please let me know if I have violated any rules.  Thanks, and hope to hear from interested parties soon!
>

> Kris Struble

Kris,

The #reprap IRC channel on freenode is very active, and SeeMeCNC's owner is there quite frequently.

Probably the main obstacle to getting help is the fact that you want to use Mach3 instead of a local GCODE interpeter and a computer or SD card based streamer. Far fewer people use Mach3 for this. I have used Mach3 in the past for CNC milling, though.

There is no way I can dedicate a weekend or even a day to help with setup. But here's a suggestion: instead of requesting a house call, pack everything up and take it to Noisebridge. 3D printers are surrounded by a permanent aura of awesomeness that attracts skilled geeks like flies to a blooming Amorphophallus titanum. Maybe try to sync up with people on this list, so that you can make sure some 3D-experienced people will be there when you visit. Just don't leave your laptop out when you use the restroom.

--- Garrett