[Noisebridge-discuss] [intellectual claptrap] Toward a theory of utilization

jim jim at systemateka.com
Sun Feb 17 20:47:04 UTC 2013

    I don't got no art.
    I use my car a lot. Pretty much everything I own
I think of as a tool.
    I've learned the jobsite ethic that one doesn't
fuck with another one's tools, not even a little bit.
This ethic has grown over time so even loaning for a
few minutes is suspect in the light of experience
(someone borrows a hammer or screwdriver for a few
minutes and leaves it on a ladder to go pee and after
get lunch and after figures what-the-hey, I'm going
home....
    I'm not trying to argue but rather present a case
for inspection. Given the inclination to perceive
things as tools one needs for survival, how does one
"liberate" one's self from such possessions? Assuming
this is a problem and not a dilemma, an effective
solution would make me __very__ grateful.
    (and tigre: I'm big on absurd humor, please have at.)