[Noisebridge-discuss] [intellectual claptrap] Toward a theory of utilization

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 20:22:08 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Martin Bogomolni <martinbogo at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Then what happens if you are a car collector, and do not use a car for
> it's /intended/ purpose, but rather have converted the purpose from
> "conveyance" to "art"?
>
> -M

"All art is quite worthless," as Oscar Wilde said.
(Where did I set those irony quotes....?)

Hey, I like art, even make worthless art myself on occasion. My best
response is

1) make more functional art, &

2) if you collect cars, & one of them has been converted into an art object
of sorts, I personally as someone who (hypothetically) has a need for
transportation & (irl, sincerely) a respect for art & artists, would most
likely target one of yr other vehicles before I would go after the art car.

Does that make you feel better (or worse)?

I had something sincere to relate about my experience as a collector (of
clothes, not cars) & how losing all material possessions liberated me from
that compulsion, but....absurdist humor is much more my mode than
sincerity....hey, incidentally, if you replace each instance of the word
"car" in yr orig post above with the word "cat," it's pretty funny!

+11+