[Noisebridge-discuss] RFID help needed for biohacking project!

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:02:17 UTC 2013

Depending on the technology used by your student ID card, you may also
be able to go out and actually purchase a compatible, implantable
device off-the-shelf and with permission have it used by your
institution.

One problem of purchasing glass ampule based RFID tags, is that most
are not sterilized, nor particularly bio-compatible.    Many are not
meant for implantation, even in animals.

There is also a question of frequency.    The high MHz and GHz
frequency tags have problems getting signal through us big squishy
bags of mostly water and protein gel.

-M