[Noisebridge-discuss] Mass Loaded Vinyl available for soundproofing

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:21:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Alexandra Glowaski
<alex.glowaski at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been thinking that the DJ booth would be a good place for a mini
> anechoic recording studio. If others are amenable to this, I'd be interested
> in working on it this weekend. In that case, we could definitely use this
> stuff. Thoughts?

The DJ booth was worked on by Chris Murphy and others intermittently
over the last year with the goal to use as a science room. The work
already completed is pretty significant, including ripup and repaint,
vibration damping, and new flooring.  The room has the SEM and the
optical scopes collection. We're mostly or completely doing our online
planning over on the noisebridge [SEM] mailing list for organizing.

The SEM works. I've moved it, cleaned it, and tested it over the last
month with John McMaster. We'll have the MM-SEM (mission mini scanning
electron microscope) society's first meetup as soon as we get a bit
further along with developing recommended content and meeting times
for newbies to get introduced to sem operation, image capture, and
specimen prep.

-miloh