[Noisebridge-discuss] Mass Loaded Vinyl available for soundproofing

Alexandra Glowaski alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:42:05 UTC 2013

Oh, marvelous! I hadn't heard anything on the main list for a while, so I
assumed that had gone the way of past booth-reno projects. Congrats on your
progress - I look forward to checking out the SEM. :)

That said, I have no further reason to adopt the vinyl. Sounds like Jay has
excellent purposes in mind.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Alexandra Glowaski
> <alex.glowaski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been thinking that the DJ booth would be a good place for a mini
> > anechoic recording studio. If others are amenable to this, I'd be
> interested
> > in working on it this weekend. In that case, we could definitely use this
> > stuff. Thoughts?
>
> The DJ booth was worked on by Chris Murphy and others intermittently
> over the last year with the goal to use as a science room. The work
> already completed is pretty significant, including ripup and repaint,
> vibration damping, and new flooring.  The room has the SEM and the
> optical scopes collection. We're mostly or completely doing our online
> planning over on the noisebridge [SEM] mailing list for organizing.
>
> The SEM works. I've moved it, cleaned it, and tested it over the last
> month with John McMaster. We'll have the MM-SEM (mission mini scanning
> electron microscope) society's first meetup as soon as we get a bit
> further along with developing recommended content and meeting times
> for newbies to get introduced to sem operation, image capture, and
> specimen prep.
>
> -miloh
>

> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Zac Witte <zacwitte at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I have a roll of 4 x 7 ft black mass loaded vinyl that is typically used
> >> for soundproofing. Looks kind of like this. If anyone wants it I can
> drop it
> >> off at noise bridge this week. Let me know.
> >>
> >> Zac

> > --
> > Make your world!
> > www.alexglow.com