[Noisebridge-discuss] iFixit Meet-Up at Noisebridge

Scott Head scott at ifixit.com
Thu Jan 3 23:50:58 UTC 2013

Hey Noisebridge,

iFixit will be in town for Macworld/iWorld February 1st and we want to do a meet-up at Noisebridge.

For those of you unfamiliar with what we do, the iFixit community is building the free online repair manual for everything:

http://www.ifixit.com/Info/background
http://www.ifixit.com/Info/what

We are strong proponents of DIY repair, modding, hacking and that kind of stuff. Repair and reusing is way better than recycling so we are out to show the world how to fix their stuff and why they should care about repair.

http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

We are hoping to have the meet-up on Friday February 1st at 18:30 to 21:00ish. We'll supply some food and beverages for all who come. We just want to hang and talk with people who share our same interest or want to learn about what we do. There would be no formal format, just a hangout time.

Would this be something the Noisebridge community would be interested in attending? I looked on the calendar and it looks like the evening of Friday, February 1st is open as of now. Let me know if we'd be conflicting with something else.

I imagine the group could be anywhere around 15 to 30 people depending on how many of you would want to come. What room would work best for this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Scott