[Noisebridge-discuss] iFixit Meet-Up at Noisebridge

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Fri Jan 4 16:39:34 UTC 2013

Hi Scott,

I'm a big fan of iFixit, and this is definitely the sort of thing that
we're into 'round here. Thanks for thinking of Noisebridge and coming
to hold an event!

If I have it right, this is an informal meet-up to chat, get to know
the community and so forth? For events like this, the main
"hackertorium" area often works really well. It's a little to the
right after you walk into the space, under the projector, with a bunch
of tables pushed together to make a large work area. You're also
likely to get more general interest and foot traffic here than
anywhere else in the space.

Let me know if I've got the tenor of your event wrong; if you're
planning on running a class with a specific curriculum, the Church
classroom might be a better fit. Church sees a fair bit of different
use, so you may wish to to show up a little early to re-arrange the
tables and chairs if that's your plan.

You may get the best attendance from interested parties if you add
this to the events listing on the wiki, and send out reminder emails
close to the time. We also have a moderated announcement list
<noisebridge-announce at lists.noisebridge.net>. It's substantially
lower-traffic than the discussion list, and has many more attentive
subscribers. You may want to post there too. If your message doesn't
get moderated through within a few hours, feel free to ping me by
email or IM to release it for you.

Let me know if you need anything else,
-Tom
--